Services and repair
At Colonial Overhead Doors in Johnstown, in Central NY, we provide our customers with exceptional service and the best products on the market. We have extensive experience in the industry, and our team is highly qualified, and knows everything there is to know about the sales, installation and repair of garage doors and electric garage door openers. This is why we sell GARAGA garage doors and why we take the time to fully train our technicians. You can trust us for everything pertaining to your garage door. We’ll be able to quickly solve any problem you may have. Your garage door will work perfectly and securely.
NO PROBLEM is too difficult for us!
Do you experience problems with your garage door opener?
- It doesn’t work
- It opens and closes by itself
- It makes annoying noises
Do you experience problems with your garage door?
- It doesn't open, or open with difficulty
- It doesn't close correctly, or completely
- It doesn't reverse direction
We are just a call away! Our expert technicians will promptly answer your questions, or schedule an appointment for repairing or servicing your garage door. Here are some of the services we provide:
- Replacement and adjustment of
- damaged sections
- door cables
- broken springs
- broken or bent rollers
- Replacement and adjustment of
- noisy garage doors
- bent or misaligned tracks
- Replacement of hardware
- Safety inspection
No problem is too difficult for us! Entrust your garage door needs to us and we will solve them to your complete satisfaction.
WHY CHOOSE Colonial Overhead Doors? Here are a few good reasons:
- We are part of the Garaga Expert Network.
- Our technicians are certified; therefore, our services meet the highest standards of professionalism.
- Our staff will provide professional advice because we know our products perfectly.
- We provide services for residential, commercial and industrial customers
- You can contact us online to schedule an appointment.
- We cover the areas of: Fulton, Montgomery, Saratoga, Saratoga Springs, Schenectady, Schoharie, Albany, Hamilton and Herkimer.
- We can repair any type of garage door or garage door opener, and provide replacement of parts and accessories for:
Garage Door Brands
CHI Overhead Door
Garage Door Opener Brands
Sears / Craftsman
- We love our work and we pride ourselves on the services we offer.
- Therefore, you can completely trust us! Call us today!
What you need to know about the counterweight system of your garage door
Springs (the counterweight system) lose their strength over time, and can even break due to normal wear caused by the pressure and weight of a garage door. Given the springs play an important role in the opening and closing movements of a garage door, they must be frequently maintained and/or repaired. For example, in order to extend the life of the springs (torsion-type only), you can apply motor oil to them and wipe off the excess. However, it is dangerous to adjust extension-type springs yourself, as they are maintained under high tension. This is why it is necessary to secure them using a security cable. If this is not the case, we strongly recommend that you have one installed by one of our experienced technicians. Also remember that if your garage door is equipped with extension or torsion springs, these two systems must be regularly inspected and maintained in order to ensure their reliability.
For your peace of mind, take advantage of the Preventative Maintenance Program offered by our professionals at Colonial Overhead Doors. We will test all your security devices, replace only those that need to be replaced, and your garage door system will work perfectly!
Michael and his team are available to answer all your questions, and don’t hesitate to contact us at 518-762-3671 for all your installation, repair and maintenance needs for your garage door.